A prison made of pencils.
I detested school from the first day of first grade. I equated school with prison.
On my first day of first grade I first learned these things that settled the matter for me. First, the motto:
The end depends upon the beginning.
Hearing this motto, I was struck that the more accurate description of this place was:
This is the beginning of the end.
The escape commences…
Saint Jane Frances de Chantal Catholic parochial school, called, by anyone of any background, simply: “Chan~al,” a place where, of an autumn day in 1957, school, for me, began and ended in the first convening of the first grade in which a tiny nun, one Sister Dom Bosco, appeared before me, just behind the window appearing at far left of this photograph, and piped out this: “I may be small, but so then, is the Atom Bomb.”
~~I put my head on my little notebooks, looked to the left, outside at a sunny, September, blue-sky and said to myself in my little 5 year old voice :
“I have GOT to get the fuck of of here.”
My determination to escape school commenced immediately on hearing about this Atom Bomb business and took 16 dicey and arduous years to finally accomplish.~~
Today, Steve, wrote me about an old singer called Ricky Nelson who had a similar attitude about school to which I say:
Pick your own reason, but Ricky’s is as good a reason as any to hate school:
Nelson told the Los Angeles Weekly he hated school because it “smelled of pencils.”
For God. For King. For Country.
Oremus pro invicem
~~ I Wear The Chain I Forged In Life
Neglect that is benign is often the best one can hope for.
IL MIGLIOR FABBRO
- At Washington, capital city of the terminally self-absorbed, mortal man holds to fleeting, feeble and fallible opinion, God immutable fact.
- ~~It is my assessment that America is dying inside, being eaten away by the horror of the collapse of the middle orders, the attendant societal and religious values and customs of those orders and the ubiquity of war making for dubious purpose.~~The rich man ought not be taxed at all~~he ought be compelled to employ and train the poor man~~directly~~personally.
- The escape commences… ~~ September, 1957 ~~ Saint Jane Frances de Chantal Catholic parochial school, called, by anyone of any background, simply: “Chan~al,” a place where, of an autumn day in 1957, school, for me, began and ended in the first convening of the first grade in which a tiny nun, one Sister Dom Bosco, appeared before me, just behind the window appearing at far left of this photograph, and piped out this: “I may be small, but so then, is the Atom Bomb.”~~My determination to escape school commenced immediately on hearing about this Atom Bomb business and took 16 dicey and arduous years to finally accomplish.~~~~ Non SibiThe declaration that:“I am here to save mankind,” means that:“I am here to rule mankind.” The escape continues… ~~ September, 1966 ~~ The Cathedral Latin School ~~ Finis Origine Pendet ~~Κύριε ἐλέησον~~Rejoice and Glad!!~~Amen~~ ~The Original Angry Bird~~The Catholic University of America Screaming Red Cardinal Mascot~~ ~~EX LIBRIS~~ ~~ THEOS EK MĒCHANĒS ~~ 3 October, Monday, Anno Domini Nostri Iesu Christi, the 2016th Website: http://johndanielbegg.wordpress.comhttp://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=122865699&trk=tab_pro http://www.facebook.com/JohnDanielBeggPublicAffairs http://www.tumblr.com/blog/theoldsoldiershome1952http://www.facebook.com/john.begg.33http://www.pinterest.com/johnbegg33/boards/http://independent.academia.edu/johnbegg/Papers?s=nav#addhttp://www.stumbleupon.com/stumbler/jtdbeggTweets: @jtdbegg http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=122865699&trk=hb_tab_pro_top “Jean-Marie Le Pen is a friend. He is dangerous for the political set because he’s the only one who’s sincere. He says out loud what many people think deep down, and what the politicians refrain from saying because they are either too demagogic or too chicken. Le Pen, with all his faults and qualities, is probably the only one who thinks about the interests of France before his own.”~~ Alain Delon~~Actor John Daniel Begg raises cotton.~~In the Old South, the real Southland, we had a charming expression, when asked what an idle man did for a living:~~“Oh, he raises cotton.”~~
- Which meant, he did absolutely nothing at all, as cotton, “the white gold,” raises herself.CONCEPT OF THE CATHOLIC AND ROYAL ARMY OF AMERICA (CRAA) THE CATHOLIC UNIVERSITY OF AMERICASeal of The Catholic University of America Motto:~~Deus Lux Mea Est~~Acta Est FabulaThe escape concludes… The Catholic University Of America, Washington, District of Columbia.~~1976, Anno Domini Nostri Iesu Christi.
- “Who first seduc’d them to that foul revolt? Th’ infernal Serpent; he it was, whose guile Stird up with Envy and Revenge, deceiv’d The Mother of Mankind” ~~ Paradise Lost Book One Verse 35 Our Mr Milton https://johndanielbegg.com/2016/03/09/the-infernal-serpent-he-it-was-whose-guile–stirred-up-with-envy-and-revenge-deceived-the-mother-of-mankindHow short the list one could compile of those of whom it can be said that fame and money did not deprave? Acta Est Fabula.
- ~~Deus Vult.
Ne plus ultra
Charles 111~~Our KING Emperor